JICA decided to conduct ex-post evaluation to assess the impact and sustainability of selected projects (including project type technical cooperation and the grant aid) which were completed three to six years ago. There were two main objectives to the ex-post evaluation: (i) to extract lessons learned and recommendations to improve future JICA planning, and improve implementation capacity of the implementation agencies through informing them on the impact and sustainability of the projects; and (ii) to meet the accountability to the Japanese tax payers through producing reports.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES PROVIDED
Semiotics had assessed the social impact of selected JICA’s projects.
- Assembled and mobilized the impact assessment team.
- Developed the methodology and strategy for conducting the impact assessment
- Designed and pre-tested the instruments
- Hired and trained the field staff for quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Undertook a comprehensive data collection operation to extract lessons learned and recommendations to improve future JICA planning and implementation capacity
- Analyzed the data; Prepared draft and final reports